Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time in Nebraska

So, after we thawed out after the parade at the Breese's house in Lindsborg, we headed to Salina for lunch at Spangles (my favorite fries EVER) for lunch. And from there we drove to my parents' house in Nebraska for the rest of the weekend through Tuesday. Here's some of the fun we had.

My extended family...my parents, Delmar and Janice and my sister's family, Dan, Katherine, Matthew, and Samantha.

Probably the only time that us two sisters will be pregnant at the same time...she's due mid-December!

Samantha and Gabrielle in their matching church-outfits.

Gabrielle with her two cousins.

Playing the piano together. May be some day they'll play a real duet together...a music teacher's dream for her family, right?

Gabrielle helping Samantha put her shoes back on her feet.

A little time outside on the swings.

Gabrielle thought it was great that I got on the swing set too. Can you believe that this is the same one that I grew up playing on too?

Daddy taking a turn on the swing too.

On the porch swing before we head out to eat.

Having fun trying on sunglasses after we ate at the Runza in Hebron, Nebraska--yummy!!!

Playing with the wooden hammer toy with Grandpa and Grandma Reinke. Who knew that such an old toy would be so much fun?

Showing Great-grandma Reinke something...

Matthew and Samantha with my parents.


Getting a little rowdy with Matthew.


Playing "Ring Around the Rosy" together.

Monday means more time on the swings!


Swinging with Grandpa Reinke...fun!

Gabrielle and Samantha enjoying some cold outdoor time.

Who knew that you could dump the toys out of a rubbermaid box and have so much fun? Nick and Dan took turns giving "rides" to the kids in their make-believe airplane.

Way up high...

And even down low...soooo much fun!!!

A ride from uncle Dan--thanks!!!

Just a little cheeeeese from Matthew.

And, some big cheeeeses from Gabrielle too!

Matthew and Samantha playing together on the spinning toy.

My mom showing Gabrielle two of the dolls that she played with when she was growing up.

And, Gabrielle wanted to wear the Strawberry Shortcake pjs that I wore when I was growing up...neat that my mom has kept things from my childhood.

0 comments: