Monday, March 07, 2011

Galveston day-trip

We had a great time when my parents came for a visit in February. We decided it would be fun to take a day-trip to Galveston, and had originally planned to go to Moody Gardens while we were there, but it took a lot longer to get there than we had figured. So, we ate lunch and just played on the beach...we still had lots of fun!

Getting a ride on the ferry across Galveston Bay...first time on a ferry for everyone but me. Great experience!

Trying to get a good picture with Benjamin.

Another try...

And, another try.

Final try...oh well.

Gabrielle was a little nervous about our car being on a "boat", so she initially wanted to stay in the car in her carseat.

Eventually she got out and enjoyed the foggy view.

Couldn't see much until we got a lot closer.

This lady was cracking me up...I wonder if she stands up through her moon roof often because she did it several times in the short time we were behind them.

Finally a clear view of part of the shore.

For lunch we headed to Gaido's (per recommendation from Jeremy Davis). We enjoyed some delicious seafood. And, my parents got to try some new things (not much fresh seafood in Nebraska!).

Mom trying oysters for the first time...I got these two pictures mixed up when I was loading them onto blogger and if you look at the picture above, I don't think she was very fond of them.

Dad trying oysters...

I don't think they were his favorite either. Better get this dairy farmer a steak! :)

Nick getting ready to eat some oysters...

He actually enjoys them...so he got to eat the rest of them.

I don't know what we were laughing about, but I love this picture because it shows how much fun we were having. AND, this is one of the most delicious foods I've ever eaten...their Lobster Bisque. Awesome!!!

In the front after lunch...it was too bright for Gabrielle.

Heading down to the beach...you can see how foggy it still was at that point (which I understand isn't a typical day for that area...bummer that it didn't clear off!).

Gabrielle had a blast picking up seashells!

I've always wanted to write our initials in the sand...just like in the movies!

Awe...

Walking out one of the rock-piers.

I was impressed with how well this picture came out...especially since it was super windy AND humid (guess I shouldn't have gone to all that work to straighten my hair that morning!).

Daddy and Benjamin enjoying some beach time.

I think he was tired. And honestly, I think the sound of the waves lulled him to sleep (it's the same sound we have on his sound machine in his bedroom). I'll take cuddle-time when I can get it...I'm sure he'll be "too big for that kind of stuff" sooner than I'm ready for!

0 comments: