Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in Texas

Grandma Reinke is holding Gabi while she's trying to figure out who this boy is...

Gabi's still not for sure what's going on, although Matthew (my sister, Katherine's son) is trying to give her a gentle hug (great for an 18-month old little boy!).
Matthew at one of his happy moments...he ended up getting sick (and so did his dad, Dan), so the smiles didn't last all weekend, unfortunately.

Here's a picture of our house on Thanksgiving Day...yes, it is snowing! I couldn't believe it, but it snowed again on Sunday too, enough for kids in town to build some pretty neat-looking snowmen!
Just another view of the snow from our front porch.

I have to brag about the pie that my mom, my sister, and I baked for Thanksgiving dinner. It actually looked like the one in the recipie picture, and it was delicious! If Carmel Apple Pecan Pie sounds good to you, I can send you the recipie...yummy! :)

Gabi had to check out the "Toys R Us" ad to see if there were any good deals on Black Friday. We had to give her the pacifier, otherwise, she was eating the paper (since everything goes in her mouth right now!).

Gabrielle's first experience with Santa, which I predicted would be like this because of the "stranger danger" she's developed lately. Matthew was giving Santa a dazed-and-confused look, and Gabrielle just bawled...
poor man! :)

After our Santa time with a candy cane. Don't worry, the wrapper's still on!

Fun times with Grandma Reinke...she read me books, fed me, and even played some Patty Cake with me--one of my favorites!

Lookin' pretty cute with Grandpa Reinke's hat on...reminds me of a picture that I took with my grandpa growing up!

One last picture with Grandpa Reinke and Matthew before they left for the drive back to Nebraska and then Colorado--what a long trip they made to come see us! Please come back again to visit us!

1 comments:

Loftin family said...

Theresa,
Thanks for the great Thanksgiving pics -- so glad the holiday in Texas was good. And do send me that pie info -- it looks great!

Jennifer Loftin