Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun at the zoo and aquarium

Another picture of our little car-lover.
Trying to pass a little time before the zoo opened.

Quite a few of the animals just looked "tired" this morning. Several of the ones that we saw were just resting, but this tiger was actually up and walking around. Not too entertaining though, I guess, but better than some of the other animals.


We were a little worried that Gabrielle would be ready to leave around lunch time, but we actually got her to take a nap in her stroller for the first time--guess we just had to strap her in and lay it back.


Nick and I checked out a few more animals before we were done at the zoo and got on the train that would take us to the Aquarium and Botanical Gardens.


Once the train started Gabrielle woke up obviously refreshed and ready to see some more animals--great!


Our little photographic daughter after lunch. Now it's off to the Aquarium!!!

I'm not as brave as Jill Peterson...no petting sting rays from me!


Okay, so this is a Red Snapper fish, and supposedly there's a really funny movie clip referencing this fish...or so Nick says--




There was a cylindrical shaped tank that held lots of neat jelly fish--obviously one of Gabi's favorites of the day.

Gabrielle more interested in getting into my purse than checking out the fish...go figure!

Puffer fish (I think)...


Having a little fun with mommy!


Only a mother could love that face!


After another train ride we are back to the zoo, and ready to head back to our hotel for the day (and naps for all!).


Got some much better pictures of some of the animals, including my favorite, the giraffe!


And, it just so happened that I wanted to check out the polar bears on the way back to the car, and they were just getting ready to feed them. It was crowded around the fence, so I don't think that Gabrielle got to see much of the action, but Nick sure got some great pictures of them jumping into the water and checking all the people out!




Asking a random stranger to take our picture made me panic about how so many times in the movies they run off with the camera. I guess ours wasn't that exciting for the guy who took our picture. A fun day for all of us...I would totally recommend the Albuquerque Zoo if you are in the area!

0 comments: