Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthday time at home


Trying to take a picture with Gabrielle and her Little Einstein's "Rocket" cake that I made for her.  She's trying to put two fingers in the air, but it looks like it turned out more like the rock-n-roll hand sign.

Guess who's behind me, and what he's doing to try to get her to smile.  I think it's hilarious that she did exactly what Nick was doing!  

Thanks, daddy, for helping her put up "du" (two) fingers.

Me with my grandpa Reinke and my brother, Ryan, when I turned 2 years old.  Nick and Gabrielle's picture above reminded me so much of this picture that I love!

Gabrielle helping me with the sprinkles on the pretzels.

Ripping off each little piece to start out.

And there goes the rest of the wrapping paper.

She really likes her "doodle" from Grandpa and Grandma Reinke...I think it will be one of those toys that we can stick in the car for some of our long drives back to KS/NE.

Opening up two of her Little Einstein dolls...daddy got a work out on taking things out of those cardboard boxes.  Why do they put them in their so tightly anyway?

The two boy characters from the Little Einstein's cartoon.

Some new sunglasses and some M&Ms from Grandma Martin.

Thanks for the fun shopping cart too, Grandma Martin.

Shopping in the kitchen...plenty of things to find in here.

A Cookie Monster toy and the letters of her name from the Bruton Family...thanks!!!

Grandma Walker helping her open another birthday gift from some of her cousins in Kansas.

Daddy checking out the directions on the box...

And Gabrielle checking out the pictures on another box...
like father, like daughter, I guess!

Grandpa Walker helping Nick adjust the strap on her new guitar from Grandpa and Grandma Reinke.  It was a little long, but we got it all figured out.  This is on the top of her new favorite toys, that's for sure!

Daddy, mommy, and our little super-star-diva.

0 comments: