Saturday, April 24, 2010

Flowers

Gabrielle was SO excited about planting the flowers she picked out at Wal-Mart. Seriously, she wouldn't let us leave without them! :) How did I end up with a daughter who loves to play outside when I would much rather not (especially in this already-sweaty-southeast-Texas weather)?

My mom helping Gabrielle dig the hole to plant her pink flowers.

Some flowers that Nick got me before Benjamin was born. They had red (my favorite), blue (Nick's favorite), and orange (Gabrielle's favorite) all dyed on the petals.

Here's the WEIRD thing about these flowers...
The original leaves all dried up and fell off in the first day. Then in the next few days, all the leaves that you see in this picture grew out from the stem...seriously!!! On top of that, in this picture you can see there's a white flower at the top...it started as a new bud when the leaves all appeared, and then it actually bloomed a little. Seriously, I've never seen anything like it before--cut flowers that bloomed a new flower. Definitely strange!!!

0 comments: