Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rotten gallbladder

So, most of you who read our blog (or follow me on facebook) probably already know that I have been having problems with my gallbladder lately. But, I thought I would put it out there just in case you didn't know yet. I know...it's a whole post without pictures of my kiddos...who knew I could just type some words out?! Okay, so I digress (at 2:22 in the morning).


Anyway...you guessed it from the time, I am up having one last attack. This gallbladder evidently didn't just want to go out quietly, and had to throw one more middle-of-the-night "party" inside me. I did have a few blog posts to catch up on, so I at least feel like I used my time "wisely" while I've been awake tonight.

Okay...I really need to stick to the point. Today I go to Beaumont for surgery with Dr. Peel. I feel like I'm in great hands, partially because this surgeon is booked (he MUST be good, right?). But, also because he's worked at John Hopkin's as well as Mayo. Now those are some wicked-awesome places to have worked if you are in the medical field, right?!

I thank all of you in advance who have been praying for me. I really feel at ease, and I know it's because of all the prayers lifted up for me and my family. I have a new babysitter (Whitney) coming around noon, check into the hospital at 1pm, and will be in surgery by 3pm. From what I have read, it appears that they will monitor me afterwards for about two hours and make sure that I can keep down some fluids, and then they'll release me to go home. Sounds pretty easy, right?

Lastly, I would appreciate prayers for safe travels on Saturday for my mom who is driving from Nebraska, flying out of Wichita, and getting picked up by Nick in Houston. I'm excited to have her here, especially since I don't know exactly what to expect post-surgery. And, I'm not supposed to pick up anything heavier than 10 pounds for 3 weeks!!! Really, can't I just fudge a little? Benjamin's only 14 pounds!!!

Okay...well enough rambling from me. I think I really could get used to the idea of blogging without pictures from time to time! What do you think?

3 comments:

Mommy Kerin said...

Hi! I found you using the "next blog" button. Always enjoy finding other family blogs!

I know it is nothing like your gallbladder problems but I suffer from kidneys problem. During my pregnancy with my now 8 month old daughter, I had a really bad attack and almost died. Dropped 30 pounds! It's so hard having health problems when you have children. I hope your mean ol' gallbladder calms down some!

Nice meeting you. I will follow for sure!

Wichita Coupons said...

Congrats,
you are the winner of the $10 EK designs. Please respond within 24 hours to claim your prize.

Christi said...

Hi I found you out here in bloggy land and read about your gall bladder. What kind of symptoms did you have? My dtr-in-law is having an awful set of ailments and the Dr.'s are trying to diagnose her....leaning towards her gall bladder. Hope you're doing better!