Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas with the Hoops/Reinke families

Opening presents with Grandpa and Grandma Reinke the day after Christmas. Another tradition that I am going to try to continue with our kids is giving them an ornament every year (with the intentions that when she's older, she has enough to start her own tree). This year I found "Baby's 1st Christmas" in the Precious Moments collections. Which leads to another tradition from one of my godmothers when I was growing up...getting a Precious Moments once a year. I think I might try to do that for Gabi too because the figurine collection that I have now holds so many "precious" memories for me over the years.



A doll (with lots of snaps, buttons, zippers, etc) and a fuzzy-bear-covered-Bible-story book from aunt Katherine, uncle Dan, and Matthew. They weren't able to come, but they sent our presents ahead of time...thanks!!

I'm lovin' the timer on our camera to get family pictures of everyone. When I grew up, someone was always missing from the pictures (or we had to call a neighbor over to our house to help).

My aunt Fern (mom's sister who lives in MN now) with Gabi fast asleep on her shoulder. I got to see all my aunts and uncles on my mom's side of the family (the Hoops') at our brunch during the week. There were also some of my cousins there too, but I guess I didn't take very many pictures that morning...oops.


Gabi loves to pull herself up on anything she can grab onto. Grandma Reinke's dining room chairs worked perfectly...and as you can see, she walked all the way around the back of them. Oh, and stopping in the middle to taste the spindles was a MUST! :)



Daddy and Gabi taking afternoon naps on grandma's couch.

Look at me...I'm such a big-girl!

Playtime with Grandpa Reinke. Gabi's trying to hold onto his hair (like she does with Daddy), but there's not as much there...sorry, Grandpa! :)

Grandma Reinke holding Gabi and the blanket that my Aunt Marlys made for us. The Reinke side of the family got together on Saturday night at my parents' house...unfortunately, not everyone was able to make it. But, we had a great time and lots of laughs to remember.

My cousins, Stuart and Diane's youngest son, Dylan (who is almost 5 years old...Diane was pregnant with him at our wedding) letting Gabi play with the zipper on his sweatshirt. He wasn't too sure about Gabi, but he warmed up to her by the end of the evening. Some of you might remember Taylor (Stuart and Diane's oldest daughter) who was our flower girl for our wedding. Can you believe she's in 4th grade now?! Unfortunately, again, I didn't take as many pictures as I wish I would have.
Getting ready to go to church on Sunday in her Christmas dress, coat, and hat. We even finally found some cute black shoes that fit her feet...for those of you who haven't checked out her little toes lately, she's got quick a thick foot across the top, which means that he feet don't fit in many shoes...luckily Payless has wide shoes, and they had these in a size 4W!

After church...no the sermon wasn't that boring that it put her to sleep. But, my parents still go to a small church in the country about a mile and a half from our house. When we were kids we knew we were getting older when we were allowed to ride our bikes to Vacation Bible School in the summertime. Anyway...they don't have a nursery during church, so Gabi sat and squirmed with us in the pew. She did pretty good...we even got several comments from other people saying how well behaved they thought she was...hmmm...?

0 comments: