Monday, January 28, 2008

Some good, some not so good...

Let's just start out with the not-so-good parts of the week, and then I'll show you some of the better parts...By the way, thanks for your continued prayers for Gabi to get better. The "rattle" in her chest is MUCH better, although she has started a bad series of coughing while she's sleeping (mostly at night). So, that means a breathing treatment at night, which is a stimulant, which in turn means that we are awake for a couple of hours before she's ready to go back to sleep again. Unfortunately, the nurse also told me this morning that I shouldn't take Gabrielle out to many public places right now because the FLU is awful around here. That's a bummer...guess I will continue to get my errands/shopping done in the evenings while she's at home with Nick.

Okay, so this was my attempt at blending up steamed veggies and feeding them to her. Guess she's not quite ready for little chunks in her food yet...this picture doesn't really do her justice with all the carrots that even got into her hair--yucky!

These two pictures were a couple of the great bed-head that Gabi has become. I just couldn't resist some of the faces she was giving me while I was getting her dressed. Hopefully her hair will get longer and thicker someday.

A breathing treatment...makes me sad to see her not feeling better.

So, here are a couple of the "fun" pictures for this week...I think that Gabi wants to be just like Nick and I and hold the remote. I have yet to understand why she thinks it's so great to stick in her mouth when she has so many other teething-type toys that work better! :)
Who says a girl can't wear a little camoflague?


This weekend my parents were here from Nebraska, and this is one of the last pictures we took on Sunday night. My mom found this hat for $1 while we were out shopping, and thought that it was kinda fun. I don't think that Gabi was quite sure about wearing it though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cale has been on breathing treatments for years - and Elena joined him yesterday. She has a respiratory infection and asthma (we've suspected asthma, but now they've diagnosed her). I feel for you - it's no fun at all. Hang in there, though. It's worth it.

Jen Nuessen said...

She is getting so big and so durn cute!