Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Work is fun

Okay, so I was tired and even sweating a little after I got done of an hour of fast-paced music teaching to the little guys this morning.  But I wanted to report that it went better than I had expected!


The little 2-year olds didn't participate much (some of them didn't sing or play the games at all).  But, they weren't really a problem to "manage" (other than the little girl who wanted to leave the circle and play with the kitchen set).  Hopefully they will grow with me as the year rolls on...I have to try to keep in mind that Gabrielle isn't far from some of their ages.

The 3-year olds were great because they wanted to learn the songs and try out the games.  It probably also helped that the two teachers in that room were playing and singing right along with me.  I even learned some new actions for the song "Twinkle, Twinkle" from one of them!

And, lastly the 4-year olds.  The most able to join right in with me, and to learn new songs quickly...not a surprise, but it was good after struggling to get the younger ones to sing.  Since they are older though, I can see some students that I might have more discipline problems with as we go along...one boy was playing with the mat they were sitting on, while one of the girls was trying to "lead" the songs that we were doing.  

All in all, a very interesting morning, and fun was had by all.  I think that I need a nap so that I am ready for tomorrow (especially since it's a dreary-rainy day outside).

1 comments:

Sommer's said...

I am so glad it went well. Enjoy getting back into some teaching!