Friday, October 31, 2008

Five Quirks

I have been tagged by my friend, Julie, to name 5 of my quirks. A few of them were easy for me to come up with. Of course when I ran out of ideas, Nick was willing to point out some of my quirks. I think he's got some interesting ones too--may be he'll have to do a post some day about himself too. Enjoy! :)

1. Numbers come in evens. So whenever I change the numbers on something (whether it's the air in the van, the sound on the TV, the radio, thermostat in the house, etc.), I always turn it up or down two notches so that it's on an even number. I know that it doesn't make any difference what the number says, I just like it to be on a nice even number.

2. Toilet paper and lids. I totally have to agree with my friend Kim who said that the toilet paper MUST go on the roll so that you can take the sheet off the top. Otherwise it just gets stuck behind the roll the other way. Luckily for me, Nick agrees with this method, so I don't have to mess around with the roll too much at our house. I also think that all lids on the toilet should be down before flushing, and stay that way until the next person uses the toilet. This is especially important with an 18-month-old in our house who still just loves to play in the water, wherever it is (gross)!

3. Organization in some form. Okay, I admit that I am an organized person. I prefer that my closet (and Gabi's for that fact too) be organized in rainbow order. That way, all the clothes of one color are together, and I can make an easy choice of which shirt to wear with what pants. Also, if you can believe this, our CD and DVD collections are in alphabetical order. Nick actually did this one, but I totally appreciate it!!!

4. Daily can of pop. I like to drink one Dr. Pepper each day with my lunch. Of course, I am the type of person who likes to savor the drink and make it last. So, I don't like putting ice in a cup and pouring the pop over the top because by the time I finish it, it's watered down, and that's just gross in my book. So, I use a red koozy (coozie--who knows how to spell that word?) every day around my pop so that I can finish drinking it even after I am done with my lunch.

5. Separation of food. Okay, so I know a couple other people who agree with me on this one, so I don't feel so bad telling you that I don't really like the food on my plate touching. This is especially true when it comes to mixing the salty-foods with the sweet-foods. Breakfast foods can be a problem in this area because I definitely don't want my eggs and bacon to get syrup on them from the pancakes or French toast. So, when we make breakfast at home, I get two separate plates. When we go out to eat at say, IHOP, I just have to be very careful where I pour the syrup. And, please, don't put any butter on top of my pancakes...you can't taste it that much, and it just adds extra fat and calories that I really don't need! :)

I tag Kristi, Jill, Tanya, Jennifer, and Amy. Keep those quirks comin'!

0 comments: