Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another great (and easy) recipe

As you can tell, I have been trying out several new recipes lately. I just got tired of making the same old things over and over again. So, here's a VERY easy one that was in the crock pot. I think I am going to have to find more recipes that go in the crock pot (especially for the easy clean up when I can throw that plastic liner in the trash)!

Creamy Italian Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of chicken soup
1 can (4 oz.)mushroom pieces, drained
Rice or noodles

Place the chicken in a slow cooker (I used one of the handy liners for quick clean-up later). Pour salad dressing over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. In a small bowl mix cream cheese and soup until blended; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken and cook 1 hour longer. Serve over rice or noodles (I used a box of Zataran's yellow rice...cooked according to their directions).

Nick loved the flavor, and if you like, you could use the low-fat versions of all the recipe's ingredients! I used just used what I had on hand this time around.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These sound delicious! I've tried a couple others that you have posted--thanks for helping me to add a few new recipes to our home as well :) I've enjoyed reading about your family and watching Gabi grow.