Friday, April 04, 2008

Working mommy

This last Thursday I was a substitute teacher in our church's kid-program (they call it Crossroads Corral). So, I took Gabrielle to her room like normal, and I headed to a different room (the kids that are over 6 months old but not walking yet). We only had 3 kids between the two of us teachers, so it was a pretty easy day over all. Yeah!

That morning when I got dressed I started thinking back to teaching (which some days I really do miss...but less and less the longer I'm away from it). It had truly been a full year since I was actually teaching in a classroom. I stopped teaching a week before Gabrielle was born because I had bad swelling in my hands and high blood pressure. Wow!

Of course, on Thursday the director approached me at lunch and asked whether I would be interested in doing music for the older kids next year since they are moving from a 2-day program to a 4-day program for the 4 and 5 year olds, and calling it a Preschool for them. So, now I have a lot to think about. The really great thing is that I would be able to still teach part time, and take Gabrielle with me during that time! Lots to think about...

We are looking forward to the KU game on Saturday, and hopefully working more on our yard work. Hopefully we can get all the bushes trimmed up during Gabi's nap in the morning. She loves being outside with us, but we have to put her in a stroller or something because everything she "finds" still goes directly to her mouth--yuck!

0 comments: