Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Tony & Sarah's wedding

On Saturday we went to Tony and Sarah (Hoops) Jackson's wedding in Byron. It was beautiful, and to my delight, Gabrielle did a fantastic job during the church service (especially compared to how we had to "wrangle" her in last year at this time). Sarah (and her twin Joshua) were born just one week after my little sister, Katherine. Her mom, Yvonne, was not only my 1st grade and 2nd grade teacher, but also our neighbor, so I remember going walking with them growing up. Fun memories!

Cheese! Waiting for the happy couple to arrive.

My dad's expression says it all during the really long and semi-private speech that the maid-of-honor gave.

My mom with her two "favorite" granddaughters.

The grassy area that was outside at the reception. Matthew started running, followed by another little girl, and then Gabrielle decided that she wouldn't be left out.

Luckily Samantha didn't go far...

Look carefully for the little blue speck in the distance...that's Matthew. Of course, Gabrielle didn't want to be outdone, so she followed him all the way there. I was just relieved that she made it all the way back without me having to go get her. Did I mention that they all slept well that night? :)

The Girls!

Myself, Sarah, and Jessica (Krenke) Lara (who got married last year at this time). We all went to the same little Byron school growing up.

Not too bad for a self-portrait, huh?

Gabrielle getting her dance-on with some other girls.

Dancing with one of my boy cousins. I think he's a 6th grader...I was just surprised at how well he played with Gabrielle. Most boys wouldn't even care anymore by that age. Cute!

The Jackson's first dance.

Sarah dancing with her dad, Mike (my dad is good friends with him, and sometimes they help each other out on the farm too). Small town life was so fun to grow up in (in retrospect...of course not while I was actually doing it!).

0 comments: