Monday, February 18, 2008

Always new things

For those of you who read my previous "tag" post, I just have to give an update that I got to go to a movie this weekend. We called a new 13-year old girl to come babysit while Nick and I went to an afternoon movie on Saturday. "Definitely-maybe" was a great show...Nick liked it too even though it was a romantic-comedy! :) Next mission...to read a fiction book in my "spare" time! :)

Gabi's been finding "new" things to do, say, and get into almost on a daily level right now. She's starting to climb more, say "da-da" a LOT, as well as try to get into every space in our house that has a drawer or a door on it.

Here are some of our fun pictures from this week.


Smiles for miles, as my dad likes to say...We started wearing little barretts in her hair a couple of days this week, and she surprisingly didn't mess with them after I got them secured in her hair. AND, they stayed in all day, so I didn't have to go searching around the house in fear of her eating them!

Exploring one of my real roses...I made sure that she held the top part where there weren't any thorns. She ended up ripping one of the pedals and one of the leaves off, but never tried eating it--perhaps we are making progress!

This was just too cute! Nick and I always DVR "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune", and watch them quickly right after supper. She must have been entranced by the colors or something because she would smile, but never look over at Nick for a picture. I just thought she looked so grown-up there "posing" like she owned the place (with her belly sticking out). Unfortunately, I think you'd probably agree with me that this shirt has gotten too small for her! :)

We were all in the office one night working on stuff...I think I was posting on the blog, so Nick got his guitar out to play. Gabi kept going over and pulling on the strings while Nick was playing a song, which made it sound pretty funny. So, Nick thought that it was time to teach her how to really play the guitar. I am still hoping that she will want to be musical, and she will eventually want to learn how to play multiple instruments! :)

This is our "bouncy seat" that we used when she was a baby. There's a blue "kick-stand" on it that we have popped up under the chair, which makes it into a rocking chair. She's finally big enough to get in it on her own, so we have it in the livingroom for her to enjoy. Most of the time she has just been pushing it around the room, but she also sat in it for a few seconds the other night after supper. Thanks to Joey and Amanda for giving this to us as a gift!!!



Her walker (that she hates to be in now that she's so mobile) is yet another one of her toys that she likes to climb on. I think that it is going to have to go away soon because I fear her tipping it over. But, for now it provides some great entertainment. I don't have a clue either what she is reaching for because there is nothing under there. Some days I really wonder what is going through her precious little brain! :)

0 comments: