Thursday, February 28, 2008

Birthday flower

So, I am officially 30 years old now. I already checked for new wrinkles and grey hairs and luckily couldn't find any! :) Thirty years ago my parents had to drive through a snow storm in Nebraska to get to the hospital when my mom was having contractions. On the other side of things, living in Texas this winter has been the complete opposite most of the time. Here's a flower that I saw in one of our flowerbeds on my birthday...reminds me that we need to be refreshed and renewed, even in the winter months!

The next two pictures are of our two rose bushes in the back yard. When we got here, they looked like they hadn't been pruned in years because the "branches" were really thick and some of them were close to a lanky-8 feet tall. I knew that they needed to be cut back, but after I was finished, what was left looked pretty darn sad, and I thought that I had probably killed it. But, to my surprise, it began budding at the end of January, and here's what it looks like already--much better!



An upclose version of the smaller plant...lookin' good!

0 comments: