Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by my friend Jill. This means I had to fill out the following questionnaire and post it, then tag some more people at the end...

Four jobs I have had in my life:
*Mary Kay Consultant
*Private voice, piano, and flute teacher
*K-5 Elementary Music Teacher
*Bethany College Admissions (Visit Coordinator)
*I had to add a bonus job that I loved: Methodist Church of Lindsborg Children's Choir Director

Four movies I could watch over and over:
*The Wedding Planner
*My Best Friend's Wedding
*Dumb and Dumber
*Elf

Four places I have lived:
*Byron, Nebraska (on a dairy farm near there)
*Lindsborg, Kansas
*Wichita, Kansas
*Odessa, Texas

Four shows that I watch:
*Oprah
*Clean Sweep
*What Not to Wear
*Grey's Anatomy

Four places I have been:
*Italy (our honeymoon)
*Mexico (mission trip)
*Hawaii (to visit the Petersons)
*Carnegie Hall (Bethany College choir tour)

Four people who email me regularly:
*Nick
*Julie
*Facebook (does that count when I get updates?)
*Retail stores that send me weekly emails from that almost always go directly to my trash bin.

Four of my favorite foods:
*Fajitas (there is some great Mexican food here in TX!)
*A really great steak!
*Brownies and homemade ice cream
*Popcorn (especially when I get to go to a movie...which hasn't happened since before Gabi was born...*sigh*)


Four places I would rather be right now:
*Wichita hanging out with our family and friends who I miss.
*At a spa getting pampered (a massage would be great!)
*In bed reading a fiction book...it's been so long since I read something that I just plain wanted to, rather than learning about babies and parenting!
*On vacation traveling somewhere I've never been.

Four things I'm looking forward to in the next 12 months:
*Visits back to Wichta and Nebraska
*Gabrielle working on new words and figuring out so many new milestones.
*Traveling around Texas with Nick and Gabi.
*Finding more women friends here and perhaps starting a play group too!

Four gifts I got for Christmas:
*Digital keychain (that I haven't actually gotten loaded with pictures yet...oops!)
*Kitchen stuff...an extra bowl for my Kitchenaide mixer, an electric hand-held can opener, a wine-bottle opener, a turn-table my dad/uncle crafted out of wood for us.
*Money (that I plan to use for pampering pedicures and clothes splurges).
*A fiction book from my mom that I haven't read yet (refer above to comment on wanting to have the time to read something that I wanted).

Four places I want to visit:
*More places in TX & NM while we are so close
*Alaska (my goal is to eventually visit all 50 states, and this is my other "hard" one to get)
*Germany (to perhaps find where my family came from
*Paris (so that I can use some of their language that I learned in HS!!)

Four things you did not know about me:
*I can sew...the 11 years in 4-H gave me skills! :)
*I was the 1996 Nebraska State Dairy Princess...mostly to hand out ribbons at fairs and wave in parades (okay, and give some speaches at conventions too).
*I was a Jr. High cheerleader for two years.
*I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is one of the reasons we had a hard time getting pregnant with Gabi...lots of other "fun" symptoms come along with this too!

Four things I wish I could be better at:
*Being more efficient with the time I have during my day.
*Keeping Gabi's baby book and scrapbook updated...it was before we moved from Wichita and had to keep the house cleaned-up for showings. *more sighs*
*Keeping in touch with friends (although our blog and Facebook have been a real help--go technology!!)
*Being a mom, and staying patient when Gabi decides to eat things she shouldn't (did I mention staying patient with Nick too at times?).

Four things I can cook without a recipe:
*Hamburger-green bean-tater tot casserole
*Chicken enchiladas
*Homemade vanilla ice cream
*Fresh strawberry pie

Four musicians that I really like:
*Caedmon's Call
*Nicole Nordemann
*Jill Phillips
*Casting Crowns

I tag whoever would like to do this. Since I got it from Jill, and she tagged Tanya and Julie, that's pretty much my friends who I think regularly visit our blog and update their blogs...Surprise me!

0 comments: