Monday, February 11, 2008

Doors and drawers...

In the last week of so, Gabrielle has been getting into my cabinets and drawers more and more. We need to finish putting those baby-locks on our cabinets soon! :)
She's also been pulling doors open and closed. The first set of three pictures is in our guest room/office...she comes in with me when I check my email throughout the day, or when I need something out of the closet (wrapping paper, Mary Kay, etc.). I just thought that these were too cute because this time she was actually closing and opening the door while she was on the inside.

The next set of two pictures was taken on one of our 70 degree days we've been having lately. I walked outside to get the paper, and afterwards she just wanted to stand there. Cheap entertainment, I guess! :) Hopefully someday she'll learn to stand there and wait for daddy to come home from work in the afternoons...I'm sure he'd like that!
So, I guess the "moral" to this blog-post is that I know she likes messing with our doors right now. I found out the hard way when she closed herself into the bathroom last Thursday morning, and then proceeded to pull drawers out of our vanity (making it so I couldn't open the door). I paniced because I didn't know how I was going to get her out through a crack smaller than what I could get my fingers through. But, the creative side of me thought hard (after I yelled at Gabi to close the drawers, which she obviously didn't understand) and I ran to get a pencil and pushed the drawers shut with the eraser side through the small opening. Ugh!
I don't feel so bad though now, because in Sunday School this weekend, our pastor of married-life told a story about his young daughter locking herself in their bedroom and his wife actually got an axe and broke their door and everything to get her out. Wow...what moms do during their weeks for their kids!

0 comments: