Saturday, February 09, 2008

Top 3 things you won't see in Kansas

3. Large bales of cotton (instead of hay) that are about the size of a small trailer house.

2. Dust storms...red dirt everywhere (kind of like a Kansas snowstorm, but red instead).

1. Border Patrol Recruiters...enough said.

I'm really sorry that I didn't get any pictures of these things. Trust me, I remembered to pack everything but the camera...oops! These were just a few of the moments that Nick and I had a good laugh this weekend when we took a day trip up to Lubbock (only about 2 hours north of where we live), and I couldn't resist. We had some fabulous food at "One guy from Italy" and "Freebirds World Burritos" resturants. And I also got some great bargin shopping done while we were there too (while Nick was at Guitar Center).

While we were there we went to Portait Innovations for pictures for Gabi. Since she's been sick, we put off her 9-month pictures until now (she'll be 10-months old this Sunday the 10th). Here's the one that we thought was the best...

0 comments: