Monday, February 18, 2008

Spinach-Chicken Breast Rolls

Just thought I would share another recipie that I made tonight. I was going to make this on Valentine's Day, but Nick took me out instead. It was pretty easy...the most time went into pounding the chicken so that it would be flat enough to roll up. Nick's comment was that it was possibly one of the best recipies that I have EVER made. WOW...and I got him to eat spinach in the process!!! We also had a nice glass of wine (that he gave me last week for V-day)...it felt good to feel like a "grown-up", even at home!

Spinach-Chicken Breast Rolls
3-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1-2 pounds)
1 egg white
10-oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar tomato sauce
Garlic to taste
Italian seasonings
Pasta of your choice (I used egg noodles, but the recipie called for whole wheat spaghetti)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly pound chicken until 1/4" thick (I used my rolling pin).
In bowl stir together egg white, spinach, cottage cheese, and half of the mozzarella. Spoon onto chicken and roll up from the narrow side. Place seam side down in 9x9 baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over chicken and sprinkle with garlic and Italian seasonings.
Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to the oven for about 25 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is light brown. Serve with already cooked and drained pasta.

1 comments:

Jill said...

That sounds yummy! I'll have to try it. Need a pork chop recipe? I've got a good one!