Monday, February 04, 2008

Growing every day

Gabi's been growing and figuring more and more things out every day. It's funny how fast they grow up...I know everyone told me that, but I really don't think I understood how quickly they really meant.
For example, last Friday I was getting ready to go to Gabi's doctor's appointment, and she was hanging out with me in our bathroom. She pulled herself up on the toilet, which isn't unusual because she likes our soft seat cover. Before I knew it, she had flushed the toilet, and turned quickly to look at me (I'm guessing to check whether she was going to get one of my "You're in trouble" looks). I didn't say much, so she proceeded to flush it twice more. I guess it got boring to her pretty quickly because after that she moved on to pulling things out of my drawer. :)

This picture was taken last Saturday afternoon right after Gabi took three steps in a row to me--TWICE! I can't believe how mobile she's starting to get already.

Nick likes to mess up Gabi's hair after her bath...I think that the "dazed-and-confused" look on her face explains it all!

Gabi does a pretty good job of playing by herself, which usually includes taking her books out of the toybox and "reading" them at some point during the day. This is one of her favorite board books...I think it's because the pages open and turn easily. The added bonus is that pushing the pictures on the side plays different classical music pieces too. (Yep, it's a Baby Einstein product!)

Gabi seems so proud of herself for climbing on more and more stuff lately. In this picture she's standing on Nick's bass guitar case (it's a hard-shell, so she can't damage it thankfully!). This also makes it easier for her to get to the plantation blinds, which lately she's enjoyed opening and closing multiple times in a row...cheap entertainment, I guess! :)

Is this a picture of what the future holds for Gabi...loving guitar equiptment like daddy?

So I put a box from her toy walker behind some of our furniture because there are some cords strung beside the wall back there that Gabi likes to pull at. So, now she goes back there and bangs on the box like a drum. It actually makes a pretty nice sound for a box!


0 comments: