Monday, August 04, 2008

Lovin' the outdoors

Gabrielle loves to be outside any time she possibly can. Unfortunately, it's just plain hot here in Texas most of the year. So, I try to plan at least one thing outside in the morning, including a walk down the block to get our mail (she's even been walking beside me fairly well).

After her last nap, it seems like we can go to our backyard and find some shade under the trees or on the porch where we have her pool set up. She loves to play, and has started being more creative with the things she does. Last Friday she decided that the steps to our hot tub looked like a great place to play with the boats out of her pool--I don't think I would have even thought of having her sit that way!



We poured water on the sidewalk and the steps so they wouldn't be so hot.
But, then they were a little slippery--oops!

Wondering what else she can do...


Laying in the pool with both ears under the water...

I'm so glad that she's actually doing things that we practiced in our swim lessons in June--she screamed at me when she had to go on her back just two months ago!!!

0 comments: