Monday, August 18, 2008

Reading

Gabrielle loves to look at books, with Nick and I, and even without us too. In her bedroom there is a bookshelf with books just for her. She usually sits on the floor and pulls all the books off the shelf until she finds the one she's looking for.

On Friday she was in her room by herself, being really quiet, which usually means she's getting into something that she's not supposed to. But, I went to the door, and this is what I saw:

Gabi sitting on her stool that Grandpa Reinke made for her...at one point she was even using the ottoman as a "desk", and had her book laid open on it. My heart melted when I saw that she was playing so nicely by herself.

Another glance...she was giggling this time...

looks like she was laughing at the giraffe!


"Reading" again, but this time in the living room Friday evening.


Darn...she saw that we were taking a picture of her, so naturally she thinks that she needs to see the picture that we just took on the back of the camera now. Wow--when I grew up it took weeks (or even months because my mom didn't take billions of pictures) for us to finish up the film and then send it into the company (yes, in the mail). Crazy how much has changed over the years!!!


I'm just a cutey-pie!!!

1 comments:

Loftin family said...

She is a cutey=pie and I can see both you and Nick in her. So fun! It is great to get little updates from your side of the state when I check your blog. Thank you!
Jennifer